I'm going to control a stepper motor with RPI.
On the page: "https://forge.codesys.com/neighborhood" are "Device drivers" and: SM3RaspiStepper. But as it can be seen in the attached image, I do not get the option to add "SM_Drive_RaspiStepper" from the menu.
I will be super happy if anyone can help me.
Thanks in advance.
you need to install the device descriptions into the device repository:
At the moment the library and sample project are only available as CODESYS SVN downloads.
1. Install Tortoise SVN and make sure you select the command line tools during installation
2. Install CODESYS SVN. No need to license it when accessing forge projects
3. Install latest softmotion
4. Install cforge tool via the big DOWNLOAD Package button.
5. checkout a copy of the SM3RaspiStepper repository using the CHECKOUT using cforge button
6. note the location where you checked out to, possible C:/Users/username/drv,sm3raspstepper,code/
7. install that library from /tags/release_1.0
8. install that device description from tags/release_1.0/devdesc
9. open and update the ProjectExample from tags/release_1.0/. Fix all your libraries.
I will suggest to the Project owners @hilmar-panzer and @tschroeder to make a .package and add a download link for this, so it is a bit easier to access.
I'm making a post in the Forge sub-forum about some difficulties I had trying to follow this. I've documented everything in my post and I'm not sure what went wrong.
Thank you very much for your answer. I have now tried to follow your 9 points.
But, is it true that point 3) SOFTMOTION costs € 200.00 and that I MUST use the program to move on?
Wishing you a good weekend
If am wrong, please correct me(!) but I remember that older RPi licenses (like mine from 2016) do contain free softmotion. The latest version does not contain free softmotion anymore. So it all depends on what type of RPi license you have. An older one or a newer one.
See All versions v18.104.22.168;
Removal of SoftMotion license - available as separate product
Don't get me wrong, the current RPi license is undeniably (still) crazy good value for money, even without the softmotion.
In this light, assuming you own a new license, you should obtain the softmotion license. But you can always just download the package and install it.
I don't know if softmotion has a trial mode/period
Log in to post a comment.