Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

IO mapping For ARM device

2021-02-01
2021-02-03
  • krishemanth - 2021-02-01

Hi All,

I am new to Codesys, I am working on IO mapping. i have a device description provided without the IO driver. i decided to create a new devdesc and LIB to map them. I took RPI as reference and created driver and LIB. iam able to add the new Driver to the main devdesc. after logging into to my board and start the application. i can see the driver and bus running, also true/ False change in IO mapping tab , however the voltages on the board pins are unchanged. i guess, iam missing a part where we make actual connections to IDE and Physical IO's on board.

i have attached The devdesc and lib file i created. any help on this topic will help me .

Thanks,
    -Kris.

• hermsen

hermsen - 2021-02-03

Hi,

There is quite some extensive documentation about I/O drivers here on Forge, see:

https://forge.codesys.com/drv/io-drivers/doc/

• krishemanth - 2021-02-03

Hermsen,

Thanks for your reply.
      i already followed this page and modified my IO.devdesv and LIB file. however the voltages on the board pins are unchanged. i should have to copy any other file along with codesyscontrol on to my board?.

Thanks,
      -Kris.