I have been trying to get a CANbus device working with Codesys 3.5SP19 patch1 via a Beckhoff EL6751 gateway without success. I have the CANOpen_Manager and CANopen device configured but this will not run. Is there any code required to kickstart the CANbus comms into action?
Update: This initial issue was when using a Linux target PLC. Since then I have created a Win10 target PC and the Codesys software reported an issue associated with the device version (see attached).
I am assuming this is an incompatibility with the xml file from the manufacturer and the firmware version on the module and I am chasing this up with Beckhoff.
Question is, why would this not report with a Linux target?
On a PC with the Control Win, this is probably related to the fact that the CAN drivers are not loaded.
Go to the folder where your Control Win Configuration file is:
- E.g. C:\ProgramData\CODESYS\CODESYSControlWinV3x64\E1FA7ABE
- Open the CODESYSControl.cfg
- Remove the semi-colon in front of the CAN driver you want to use (section ComponentManager).
- Set the component ID to the next number in the list (e.g. Component.8)
- Save this file and restart the Control Win.
Log in to post a comment.