I want to control beckhoff motor using EL7201 module , but how to add the drive in the module?
I tried using SM_Drive_PosControl and tried to link then to the physical axis but not able to move it, but the SM_Drive in softmotion seems working fine , all the Function blocks added which are required to move the motor. (MC_Power, MC_moveabsolute , MC_reset etc.)
Already programmed this drive in TwinCat and its running fine , So want to know how to configure this module for the motor.
in this case there is a Softmotion Driver available.. which you could use.
See screenshot. Not needed to use poscontrol.
But you need to change the EL7201 to DS402 Version. (See the PDF in the library for details)
Thank you for the quick reply.
I have attached the drive in the project and when i run it , its shows no error.
But i am not able to move the motor either in configuration mode or using MC_Jog.
Following are the issue I am facing right now :
1) When i enable it using MC_power , the module shows the enable signal and the drive also has no error. Also When i try to job it in positive direction using MC_jog , it shows the busy bit on and no error in the MC_jog FB , but the motor doesn't move and after sometime the limit led is lit up in the module. Velocity and acc. and all the parameter are given according to my project in TwinCat. I have also imported the XML file of Start-up Parameters in my project.
2) In configuration mode , When i power on the drive and then try to job it , the position seems to change on the screen but physically its the same. But if i have mannually released the brake in the start up parameters and move the shaft manually a little , then on clicking the power on , it returns back to the original position , so i think my configuration regarding the motor seems ok.
Also the motor gets overheated a lot.
It has nothing to do with the Pi,right?
If you want, I will attach the project.
yes please attach the project.
- did you change the drive Firmware to ds402 as in the pdf is mentioned?
- You write Pi, you know that you need a realtime kernel for using ethercat and distributed clocks on the PI otherwise it will not work,
1) Yes I did change according to what you mentioned. The PDF was not opening in codesys (As it gave an error of referenced file not in that place) , so i did search on net and got some relevant PDF to it.
My drive does get active and does get enable , so I don't think it must be a DS402 Issue.
2) If required , I will use RT_Preempt or any other kernel to reduce the interpolation time. But right now I just want to control it using PI as a Medium from my computer.
I have attached my project, I have imported the start up parameters from Twin Cat Project , that project i am already using in my 2 and 3 axis system.
Codesys_Project1.project [262.13 KiB]
I recommend two changes in your project.
1. Add TargetPosition to the PDO's
2. Change in the generic device Editor view (Tools - Options - Device Editor-> Show generic device configuration)
So I did the changes.
I am Attaching the project with the changes. So now in configuration mode , the motor is working fine. It has no issue in operation.
But while running through POU, it gives me the same issue. I can enable it , but when i want to run it using move_absolute , it doesn't move and the torque value does keep on changing continuously. Can it be due to ground not connected in the system? (I will have to wire the system for the same.)
test1.project [261.19 KiB]
at the Moment I could not see any Problem in your project,
could you check the following variables in the watchwindow
if this does not help I need to check with my drive or we need to check online.
I would like to thank you for pointing out my mistake. It was because , i did not add the Axis deceleration speed , so it was giving invalid velacc error in MC_Move_Absolute block.
The system is working fine, but the issue is when i stop the system and log out of the pie. When i again start it by logging in , the EL7201 will show not working. But when i go to the configuration settings and then again start the system , it work fine again. ( So when i delete the PLC data it works. Any solution to Stop this fro happening?)
I followed the same procedure. In the newer version: 3.5 SP15. RPi: 3B.
Beckhoff Hardware: EL1100 + EL7211
Using SMC_Startup_drive MC_PWR enable was a success. But we are notable to perform MC_job. Block goes to command_abort. SMC_Axis_is_not_ready_for_motion.
Possibly axis is bust with another function block. As the busy bit of MC_power block remains high.
MC_Reset block work and we are able to reset if any error pops up.
I have attached the project. Can you guide or point out missing step?
Thanks and Regards,
without looking deeper into the project,
you need to call the motion fb's in the Ethercat Master task context.
We had replaced the POU call from the main task to the ethercat task as suggested by you.
after that when I triggered enable from MC_Power block motor start vibrating at the same position and warning led turns on after 1 sec on Beckhoff module.
I have attached the program, Kindly suggest changes if any.
Thanks and Regards,
not a problem of the project,
guess you need to tune the drive by the drive comisioning tool which is in this case Twincat.
Log in to post a comment.