I plan to use CodeSys Control RTE Runtime in my computer as a controller for a Profinet IO device (a motor drive with ProfiDrive layer).
I started by installing this version of the runtime on my computer: SetupCODESYSControlRTE64V3.5SP14.exe (Codesys Control RTE V3 x64 18.104.22.168)
After a reboot, I cannot manage to start the PLC. I do a right-click on the icon "Codesys Control RTE V3 (stopped)" in the bottom right corner, and then "Start Plc", but nothing happens...
I already disabled Hyper-V with this command: "bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off".
Here's my pc specs:
So, I have 2 questions:
- 1: Is my pc configuration good to use Codesys as a Profinet IO Controller ?
- 2: Why the PLC not start? Where can I see logs to understand what's going wrong with the PLC?
I just would use current version 3.5SP16Patch4 (22.214.171.124) of Control RTE.
I think this will work pretty well for Profinet - just install the CODESYS dfriver CMP1000 for you 82574L Nic. i5-8500 is a 6 core CPU
It should start check if after the installation of current version of the Control RTE there are 5 Core available in windows. ( one should be reserved for RTE) - bcdedit or any other tool to check.
Thank you for your quick answer. But now, when I start the PLC, my pc is freezing, and show me a BSOD ("Clock Watchdog Timeout").
I've done the followings things:
- Uninstalled the previous version of Control RTE in my computer (and rebooted) ;
- Installed the lastest version you gave me (Codesys Control RTE V3 x64 126.96.36.199) ;
- Rebooted in test mode with test-signed drivers enabled (bcdedit /set testsigning on)
- I also desactivated "SpeedStep" and "C-State" in the bios ;
- Installed the driver "CmpEt1000Drv" in the folder "C:\Program Files\CODESYS\CODESYS Control RTE3\CmpEt1000MPD" for my Intel 82574L Nic (see attachment) and rebooted ;
- In the PLC configuration, in the "Component Manager" tab, I added "CmpEt1000Drv" in "Additionnal Components" (see attachment n°2).
I don't understand why is not working...
Could you help me please?
how many cores do you see on bcdedit?
and could you check if these settings are correct and check if in /Windows/System32/drivers/cmp.... CODESYS drivers are updated to latest
I see 5 cores on bcedit.
I have a 6 cores CPU, but I guess that 1 core is reserved for the PLC.
But now it finally works!
For people who see this thead and have this error, here's what I've done to fix it (thanks to eschwellinger ):
And it works fine. And Profinet too :)
Log in to post a comment.