Please help with setup of Raspberry and Codesys.
1) Codesys installed on windows PC and is able to connect over network (integrated LAN of RPI) - everything works including runtime and basic project upload and control.
2) On a next step, I want to dedicate integrated LAN to EtherCat Master and be able to connect slaves, therefore I need either WIFI or USB-LAN adapter to be available in the same local network, and to use one of them by Codesys to connect and update the project on RPI.
3) To do so, I unplug the local network cable from integraged LAN to the USB-LAN adapter on RPI. Internet on RPI still works, just local IP is different, fine. Means, adapter is normally working. But CODESYS does not see RPI now - Scan results is empty!
4) Ok, let's try wifi. I enable WIFi on RPI. Codesys scan is able to see the device with IP of WIFI adapter, and is able to perform installation of " Codesys Pi MC SL"!
5) Next step, I try to connect to the RPI from Codesys Device panel -> Scan Network. It does not see the RPI! What could be the problem now? If codesys update works over wifi, why I cannot upload project using same wifi?
6) I change everything back - Local network cable to the intergrated LAN. USB-LAN adapter I use as EtherCat master interface. Everything works! I run Ethercat on USB_LAN and find my slaves!
To summarise the experience above, The following questions need to be clarified:
1) Why, wifi is used to install codesys but cannot be found by Device-Scan Network function?
2) Why, integrated LAN can only be used for both installation of codesys and project upload?
3) Why, USB-LAN not visible in scan results, but works fine for internet access from RPI as well as EtherCat master interface to its slaves?
Seems somehow UDP ist blocked, If you use WIFi to Login/scan:
I would Install the Edge Gateway from Store to your PI..(armhf version) then add this new Gateway to CODESYS -then scan via this new Gateway your PI plc
Ok, Thank you, will try this!
Log in to post a comment.