I have to develop a new project and I need to know if CodeSYS Runtime on beagleboard can use retentive data saved in fast access memory. If I power off the board the retentive data can be maintained. If no I ask if I can add a memory chip (I2C or SPI) in my carrier board.
Any idea for retentive data ? I explain same solutions but I don't know if possible.
1) add a FRAM in my carrier board and use spi or I2c driver to store retentive data using a IEC code.
2) add a FRAM in Runtime configuration settings. Is it possible, any FRAM models available ? This will a good solution because all is done without IEC code.
3) add a UPS or supercup capacitor and a circuit that inform via GPIO that power supply will off. Add a IEC task execute on GPIO rising edge event that save retentive data as point 1.
4) like point 3 but the GPIO il pulled by a parallel linux process that terminate the Runtime process and it save retentive data in filesystem.
Any other ideas ?
Thanks in advance
3) supercup capacitor as UPS -> power off should trigger a graceful shutdown on Linux OS - this will then trigger the build in meachnism of the runtime to save the retains in file - this is the maintance free UPS solution.
Log in to post a comment.